Monday, September 8, 2014

Cute shit my brother says #1

So I decided yesterday while spending time at the pool watching Sammy swim, I now have a spot to document all the adorable things my brother says.

Situation 1: A few days ago, I came home and was talking to my mom about an upcoming wedding they were going to.  Recently I've been getting into wedding planning and I started looking at different styles of weddings.
I said "Yeah, so I saw these amazing wedding photos online that these ladies had, it was so pretty, I'll send them to you."
Sammy was sitting at the table doing his homework and he looked up and said "Girls got married?"
"Yeah Sammy, these two really pretty ladies got married, that happens a lot. Some people have two mommies or two daddies, not everyone has a daddy and a mommy."
"Like Larry's daddies? When Larry's mommy died he got two daddies."
Sammy has a friend named Larry who lives and town and has two dads.
"Yeah, like Larry's daddies."
"Oh okay"
That was it. He was so curious and cute and open and excepting of it.

Situation 2: Flash forward to yesterday at the pool, Sammy was taking of his shirt to go into the pool. He took it off and started spraying himself with sunscreen.
I looked at him and said "Sammy you've got man boobs."
Now Sammy is not skinny but not fat either. He just is. I was kidding with him as every older sibling does.
He stopped looked down his chest, smiled, looked at me and declared, "Yeah! It's cause I'm a man now!"
In that moment he was so proud and happy to be a man and it was hilarious and also amazing to see the confidence of a kid. I hope you enjoy these stories as much as I do.
-Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment